Emanuel Medical Center is a regional resource in Behavioral Health Services, delivering innovative and personalized care to patients at the inpatient level. Our highly trained clinical team provides skilled and empathetic care to the individual patient while addressing their mental health needs. Our newly renovated unit has a total of 10 private beds. Our unit treats patients who need short term hospital care as well as patients who need a more intensive plan. We will also assist with post discharge placement.
Each patient on the unit benefits from therapies and programs designed around each individual diagnosis. Some therapies include: individual therapy, group therapy, coping therapies, art, crafts, exercise and more.
Patients receive individualized care with a well-rounded certified staff including a board certified psychiatrist, medical physicians, nurse practitioners, psychiatric nurses, recreational therapy staff, social workers, mental health workers, and other hospital professionals.
Emanuel Medical Center’s Behavioral Health Services program serves senior adults 55 and older with:
- Anxiety disorders
- Dementia/Alzheimer’s Disease
- Suicidal/homicidal ideations
- Psychotropic medication management
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- Full cognitive (thinking and problem-solving) assessment
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Depression and other mood disorders
- Bipolar disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Treatment-resistant psychiatric disorders
We are located on the first floor of Emanuel Medical Center in the Behavioral Health Unit. For more information or to make a referral, call 478-289-1100.